Wednesday, January 6, 2010

on paying attention | Mindful List

MINDFUL LIST #6

Whodunnit?

Watch the video, and watch for the changes. Trust me.



Incredible, is it not? I probably watched it 3 or 4 times over again to try and spot the changes after i knew where they were. It is one piece of advertising that really has an honest to goodness message & captures audience attention at the same time. Also, i'm sure it received plenty of buzz when it was originally aired in the UK.

I, for one, certainly do not pay enough attention to things in general. Not so much these days anyways. I am assuming that the team over at the mindfulist certainly knew what they were doing when they selected this item as todays prompt. By the end of the video, and after reflecting on "paying attention" i've come to realize that in order to be mindful, in everything we do, we absolutely have to heighten our attention to the little things. To slow down, to take notice and to take in things going on around us.

When was the last time you actually took notice? When was the last time you were mindful?

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Hi there.
Glad I found your blog from Gwen's post!

The video was really an eye-opener for me. My videogamer husband caught a whole bunch of the changes but I like to attribute it to him playing online games where players need to notice subtle changes in the game environment.

Time to go be more aware now!