Thursday, February 4, 2010

on meditation | the mindful list


MINDFUL LIST

do you meditate?

Q. Do you meditate (or have a meditative practice of writing code, entering data or answering emails) during your work day? If yes, does mindfulness inform your practice?

A. Once a upon a time, a few years ago, i had a specific meditation routine (believe it or not!). Then, along came Jess, who mixed everything all up. Not to complain of course, but my life certainly does not resemble routine anymore, and we don't even have children (dare i say yet?).

And, for some reason, I just can't bring myself to introduce routine into my life again. Well, I can, but it doesn't really seem to stick.

Does anyone else out there seem to feel like routine is so much easier when it is just me myself and I that has to be considered?!?

That being said, today's mindfulist prompt did exactly what it was meant to do. It made me mindfully consider something I would never have thought of. Or be prompted to think of. So tonight before i go to bed, i'm going light me up some candles and ease my mind :)

What have you done lately to be mindful? Do you meditate? Or more importantly, what do you do to ease your mind when creative thoughts seem to overcrowd your otherwise focused mind?

much love



No comments: