Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Week in the Life | Friday

Wowzers! Oh how the time has flew!

It's Tuesday now, but that won't stop me from compiling my pictures from my day in the life project (and besides when it's all said and done in a scrapbook, nobody will have to know I was behind in compiling stuff!).

Friday flew by like a mad hatter.

Drove to work, as usual.

Worked, as usual. Found a picture of the cutest puppy in the world while on my break.


Pretty sure all I want for Christmas is a Wheaten Terrier.

Worked some more.

And then drove home, as usual.

However... dun dun dun. We went to the Reef for dinner!


(and silly me forgot my camera, so I will include a Reef poster for the visual!)

We had the crab cakes, which were delish, and of course the johnny cakes (they are my favorite!), and we also convinced my mom to try a plantain chip. Except, I'm pretty sure she didn't like them.

For those of you who haven't heard of the plantain fruit, well I'll explain it for you. They usually look like this:


Kind of like a banana, right? This is what they look like in comparison to your regular, run of the mill bananas (plantain is far left).


Basically, they look like a banana, but taste kind of like a potato. You usually have to cook them a bit to make them edible, and the Reef serves them as chips. You know, kind of like french fries. The best part is that they slice them long-ways. So if you hold them up to your face, it looks like you have a huge banana like smile. Wikipedia has a ton of information about the plantain plant (where it comes from, how it's cooked, and apparently, the fruit can even be brewed into an alcoholic beverage?!?)

It was my dad's birthday, so we even got a free deep fried banana with mango ice cream. I'm telling you, those Jamaican's are onto something.

So yeah, Friday was an awesome day, even though my lack of photos of the day may create a problem when it comes to actually scrapbooking this project.

Ah, well.

2 comments:

LH said...

That wheaten is darned cute.

KC said...

Have you seen Morkies? They are also extremely cute.