Although I've fallen quite a bit behind in my art journal - I have learned to just accept that fact, and continue along on my merry way. I am actually enjoying working on my pages at my own pace, and jumping around to the different prompts as the mood strikes me.
There have been a few prompts that I've struggled with, but there has definitely been more that have lit up my creative soul. The print prompt was one of them. Our assignment was to use a print ripped from a magazine as the background of a journaling page (with a few other requirements... but I won't give them away, because that's what taking the class is for!).
I had a blast writing about what it feels like to be a free bird, as I so often referred myself as. I think as we get older, it becomes harder and harder to hold on to those thoughts that we had of ourselves when we were younger (no matter how old we are). It also becomes more and more important to hold onto those thoughts, as the years go on.
So go ahead, take some time to dream about what it means to be you.
Unique, beautiful, quirky, complex, mis-matched, You.
2 comments:
I agree about struggling with some
of the prompts and jumping around
them (: I've always been behind in
every single class I take so in order
to try and catch up, I do about two
prompts at one go (:
I know!
At least I'm not the only one - and at least for this class I'm not letting it bother me. Because really, there is no rush - which is kind of cool.
Otherwise, I would have to rush through the prompts and not really be happy with how the pages turned out.
It's by far the best course I've ever taken!
Post a Comment