Monday, May 10, 2010

Art Journal Update

It's been a while since I shared anything from my Art Journal, for the tell your story class. So without further ado - here are a few of the pages I have been working on. These ones are my favorite so far, I just love how they turned out!


The task was to create a negative space to use, to write our journaling inside. Because I've done so much already with pen, I wanted to use something other than pen lines to create my negative space. So I cut out a large shape using my cricut and ventured out on the deck to make use of our left over spray paint from a few projects ago.

I am now fairly sure that I will begin collecting various colours and shades of spray paint, as I come across them in my adventures. Using the spray paint was so much fun, and I loved the how it was so easy to create darker spaces and lighter spaces. Let alone the fact that I could also use the sections that I used to create my negative space!


Throw in a little extra bling, some honest words, and my unique handwriting....

and just a touch of colour, and I was set to go. The pages that I have just finished have an extensive usage of pencil crayons... I forgot how much fun it is just to colour with those guys!

I'm excited to share them, and should have them photographed and posted pretty soon. I'll be taking full advantage of the shining sun out there today, and all it's natural lighting glory.

4 comments:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

that looks so cool!

Shannon Beth said...

thanks!

i checked out your little corner of the internet - and <3 it! I'm adding it to my favorites.

I agree - life should totally be a party!

Unknown said...

I love these pages! What a great idea to use spray paint! I'm curious, though - did it warp your pages? I may have to try it myself!

Shannon Beth said...

No, it didn't warp my pages at all.

But I am using a mixed media book - with 98lb paper. I knew I would be using acrylics when I purchased the book, so I made sure to buy one with thicker pages.

The only thing I would have done differently is cover the pages behind it with a cloth, or paper, as the spray paint got on the edges of the other pages.

It didn't mind too much though, because it blended in nicely (as it is an art journal).

Good luck (and I'd love to see your pages, if you do it!)