Sunday, December 19, 2010

Reverb10 | Wisdom


I'm participating in Reverb10, a daily writing prompt throughout the month of December related to reflecting on the previous year and planning for the next. You can read more about it here, and read all of my posts so far here.

Q. Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway).

A. This year, I decided I wanted more.

I decided to lift my eyes a little higher than what I had previously known, and I decided to dream bigger. I decided to believe in myself even though I knew not many other people did. I pushed my boundaries, and widened my comfort zone.

I talked to strangers, and explored new territory. I went to events I wouldn't have dreamed of actually attending if the opportunities would have arisen this time last year.

Even in the moments when I didn't feel like I was pretty enough, unique enough, or talented enough - sometime I still knew that if I worked hard enough, that someday I would be good enough.

In 2010 I made the wise decision to believe in my actions and the changes I could make to my life as I knew it, even if at times I didn't believe in myself.

No comments: