Once again, Christmas has come and gone so very quickly that some of us are already secretly waiting for next year to come around.
There is always something that we think we could have done differently, or done less of [or more commonly, more of], but in the end, it always seems to turn out just right.
Funny how this year, i felt the need to make sure i was treating both of my parents equally. I suppose that's how they commonly feel when shopping for christmas and birthday presents for myself and my sister. Except, we always seems to forget that those receiving barely keep track. At least, i don't anyways. Maybe that makes me an odd-ball. I'm not quite sure.
I do know, however, that i am a complete nerd and gave gifts such as cake decorating packages and classes, annnd cookbooks, annnnd a sega genesis system? I am proud to say that i started my christmas shopping in September [and that's not even the proudest part]
[the proudest part is that i actually waited until christmas to give these gifts]. I always get overly excited when i know i've purchased a gift that the recipient will love, and i find it really hard to wait until christmas morning. alas, i did it this year... and for lack of better words to complete express how i feel... it was AWESOME. i was just tickled pink sitting with my blanket on the cuddle couch, sipping my coffee and watching everyone have fun opening all of their presents.
i will be one weepy mother if/when i ever have children.
As always through, i tried to take a number of pictures but somehow i get too caught up in everything to remember to snap pictures. I did get a few though, enough to capture the spirit and happiness of the morning. And how funny it is to watch grown adults get so excited over toys (i.e. wii resort and a racetrack set).
Needless to say i AM one of those people already excited for next year. Just hopefully next year... i'll be a little more able to slooooooow down and make it last a little longer.
one love <3
Monday, December 28, 2009
Christmas at a Glance
Labels:
everyday life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment