Sunday, February 28, 2010

Challenge | No Complaints

While catching up on my daily reads, I checked out Kayla's newly designed blog [goodbyeshy.blogspot.com], and her recent entry about embarking on a "no complaint" challenge.

She has a point.

We, as North Americans, usually have more than we will ever need. However, it seems the more that we accumulate, the more it opens new doors for us to want new things. Everytime we purchase a new piece of computer equipment/new video gaming system [or in my case, a new piece of crafting equipment!], there is always then, something else that we need/want/desire.

And sometimes [almost usually] we feel like we are entitled to these new things - which leads to major let downs and complaints when we aren't able to obtain them.

I usually let a lot of things get to me. Whether it be people that I know [and things they say/do], things that happen at work, things that I forget, etc etc etc. And, like Kayla, Mr. Extraordinary has to listen to all of it. It's really not fair.

So I hereby take the pledge to at least try my very darnedest to go (1) full week without complaining about anything, to anyone [except my journal].

I challenge anyone to try it along with us.

2 comments:

kayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kayla said...

Oh I'm glad you're taking the challenge. I've already had to catch myself a few times today in mid-complaint!