So far, during my media hiatus (social and/or otherwise) I have significantly cut down on the types of places I have been spending time, when I am making use of the internet.
I am slowing admitting to myself that I may, in fact, have an addiction to knowledge.
And not the simple little harmless kind of addiction. I'm talking can't-wait-to-finish-this-article-so-i-can-find-another-article- just-like-it-and-maybe-find-another-link-to-another-article-for-me-to-read
kind.
So basically, of the time I am spending to read the initial article at hand, I have basically considered all the other articles that I could be reading/might be lead to OR could be lead to by following those handy dandy hyperlinks scattered all over whichever article I am reading.
It was at that point, ladies and gentleman, that I started to abuse the "open in a new tab" option. Before I knew it, I have more tabs open then I can fit along the top of my screen and I'm speed reading trying to absorb all the information in each one before moving on to the next.
Banning the "new tab" option is something that I have eliminated during this social media cleanse challenge.
If you recall, my word/saying for 2010 is
Be Still
In regard to themindfulist, I have reset my homepage on my work computer to this address, and I have been heard to strongly recommend others to do the same. There's something about opening up your web browser, and the first thing you see is a prompt such as this:and I am constantly learning new ways to apply this to my everyday life
I am learning lessons, I am learning what it means.
But most importantly, I am beginning to learn that others feel the same
I am learning lessons, I am learning what it means.
But most importantly, I am beginning to learn that others feel the same
Regardless, two of the very frequent websites that I've continued browsing through are a) 43 folders and b) the mindful list (aka themindfulist.com). As a disclaimer, I seem to always spell website B wrong. I can never remember if it's the mindful list or themindfulist. Turns out, its alway the second (with only one L!).
Anyways, I won't mention too much about 43 folders, except that it is an incredible resource library of everything from improving your website, to how to manage your creative worktasks is a stressful work environment, to how to empty your email inbox so you can go back to living simi normally. Although the email portion is mostly geared towards people who receive upwards of 50 emails a day, there is still an incredible amount of information available for those of us interested in setting up procedures and things to make our lives easier if, no wait, when, we get bigger.
Anyways, I won't mention too much about 43 folders, except that it is an incredible resource library of everything from improving your website, to how to manage your creative worktasks is a stressful work environment, to how to empty your email inbox so you can go back to living simi normally. Although the email portion is mostly geared towards people who receive upwards of 50 emails a day, there is still an incredible amount of information available for those of us interested in setting up procedures and things to make our lives easier if, no wait, when, we get bigger.
Grace
How do you cultivate grace in your life? What can you do to show grace in one simple way today?
How do you cultivate grace in your life? What can you do to show grace in one simple way today?
Because really, how can you continue on your day being completing and totally unsatisfied and miserable, when you have a reminder such as this greeting you every time you open your internet?
A few weeks ago they posed the question of breathing ability, and asked their readers to pay attention to where their breath is coming from.
I really do think that in this technology and stress and go-go-go mentality focused world, we all need a remind to check our breath. Like a 15 point inspection on a car before we take a trip, humans need their own 15 (or 20 or 25) point inspection everytime we get up, put our eyes on, and get ready for the new day.
The mindfulist gives us an opportunity to thing for a moment regarding what we doing, how we're doing it, and how we feel while we're doing it.
It's the new thing people - so spread the word.
There will be community gathering there. I can guarantee it.
A few weeks ago they posed the question of breathing ability, and asked their readers to pay attention to where their breath is coming from.
I really do think that in this technology and stress and go-go-go mentality focused world, we all need a remind to check our breath. Like a 15 point inspection on a car before we take a trip, humans need their own 15 (or 20 or 25) point inspection everytime we get up, put our eyes on, and get ready for the new day.
The mindfulist gives us an opportunity to thing for a moment regarding what we doing, how we're doing it, and how we feel while we're doing it.
It's the new thing people - so spread the word.
There will be community gathering there. I can guarantee it.

1 comment:
I've lost more time that could have been spent writing through knowledge addiction than I can imagine.
Post a Comment