Friday, April 2, 2010

Home Studio Inspiration | What I'm Reading Today

I'm pretty ashamed to admit that I've spent the majority of today down the rabbit hole.

The website/blog/art inspiration rabbit hole.

And I'm not taking about a measly hour or two. I pretty much wrote off 5 or so hours.

Mind you, it hasn't all be in one chunk (thank goodness!), but now my head is swimming with colours and happy thoughts.

I'm also currently contemplating between making my "built in" desk space, or my Ikea desk space my main working area. Because of this, I've been paying particular attention to other people's working spaces lately. I've found a few that I really like, such as this one from shopevalicious.com:

Coincidentally, she actually has the same desk as me... except her's looks so much neater than mine does on a regular basis!

I have been considering moving my desk out such as this, rather than having it up against a wall - but unfortunately, I don't think this is do-able, due to lack of space.

Another picture of her studio space made me want to jump in my car and drive to Ikea asap:


I had totally forgotten all about their racking storage option, where you can hang lovelies from the wall mountable bar. We had one of these in our old apartment, and we used to hang our flippers and such from it. Wall shelving would also be something worth investing in, considering the only shelving i currently have is tucked away in our laundry room.

And if I don't see my supplies - I'm pretty much guaranteed not to use them.

Unfortunately, my brain is so fried from all the reading & colourful pictures I've taken in today, that I don't exactly remember anything I've read. So much for promoting being literate (shakes finger at myself).

I'm going to craft.

2 comments:

kc said...

THANKS for joining the challenge, and I hope you find a larger group to participate! As those people join, let me know!

LH said...

I've enjoyed visiting EO. Great photos. I now want those desks.