10:05am getting down to work at the office (after checking some emails, filing through my inbox, and making myself a passion tea).
Listening to some really great music whilst working [my April Playlist], and admiring my beautiful calender, and well, realizing I had to change it. I'm thinking about leaving it until May because April is almost over.
11:25am - found this really great quote, and promptly recorded it in my idea/life/inspiration book that i carry with me everywhere
11:30am - took a few minutes to review my idea/life/inspiration book. I would like to say it was intentional, but I'm pretty sure it was just pure distraction.
5:00pm - hit the road jack, and made my way home, home, home home! Once there, I was met with this awesome little poof-ball face.
5:30pm - discovered TOP GUN was on TV (Up until yesterday, I had never seen the likes of Maverick, Goose and Iceman. Unfortunately though, I only watched about 30 minutes of it, so I wasn't able to actually grasp the full awesomeness of these characters).
6:00pm - set up camp at Java hut to work on my latest projects
7:00pm - met a friend for coffee with whom I haven't talked to for a very long time. It was good for the soul, and so very nice just to take the time to catch up again.
9:00pm - GLEE!! (need I say more? really?)

11:00pm-12:00am - Read, and finished The Glass Castle, for our book club meeting coming up next week (so good!)

Tuesday Thoughts:
- I tried paying attention to the little things today, and I tried to think in full sentences rather than cutting myself off.
- I enjoyed the warmth around my tea-filled-mug very much. It brought me warmth inside and stillness in my heart (in the midst of my hurricane day).
- fresh pink tulips on my kitchen table made me smile.
It was basically a crazy busy day in which I considered if I even had the time to complete this little task this week. Sometimes, when things seem impossible, I tend to give up on them, as I'm always being told I'm trying to take on too much (which apparently is the cause of burn-out, who knew?). Regardless, I'm trying to tell myself that this project doesn't have to be done perfectly, or in a certain way, and I can do whatever I have time to do.
So I'm placing the perfectionist card in my back pocket for a while (because that kind of thinking really isn't good for anyone anyways).
2 comments:
ooo i really love this week in the life thing. super interesting to read about what your days are like!
& haha i'm so behind on the glass castle! i just started it yesterday! i'm half way through now, though, and loving it!
looking forward to discussing it on tuesday!
Post a Comment