
“The past is gone. The future never arrives. In truth, there is no life outside of this moment!” Leonard Jacobson
It's been a while since I've meditated on any of the mindful list prompts - but this one seemed to fall deliberately into my lap and the jive with the questions I have been raising to myself lately.
Living in the moment is something (I'm fairly certain) all of us want to achieve, but nobody is sure how to do. Kind of like living that perfectly balanced life.
It's one of those things that you can start doing with the best of intentions (even though it seems really, really difficult), and then slowly loose the motivation as life gets in the way.
It seems to me that just the phrase "Living in the Moment" gives connotations of fairy tales and wishful thinking. Like we all know, deep down inside it isn't really attainable. At least, no easily attainable.
But today, I'm deciding it is attainable.
Today, I'm deciding to talk a walk if I get stressed, pull out a recipe book if I get bored, call a friend if I get lonely, or write it out if I feel sad.
Today I'm going to seize the day and make the most of it. Celebrate the sun or the rain, and take time to experience each moment before hurrying off to the next.
And maybe (just maybe) my new perspective will carry on into tomorrow as well.
Photo Credit
Living in the moment is something (I'm fairly certain) all of us want to achieve, but nobody is sure how to do. Kind of like living that perfectly balanced life.
It's one of those things that you can start doing with the best of intentions (even though it seems really, really difficult), and then slowly loose the motivation as life gets in the way.
It seems to me that just the phrase "Living in the Moment" gives connotations of fairy tales and wishful thinking. Like we all know, deep down inside it isn't really attainable. At least, no easily attainable.
But today, I'm deciding it is attainable.
Today, I'm deciding to talk a walk if I get stressed, pull out a recipe book if I get bored, call a friend if I get lonely, or write it out if I feel sad.
Today I'm going to seize the day and make the most of it. Celebrate the sun or the rain, and take time to experience each moment before hurrying off to the next.
And maybe (just maybe) my new perspective will carry on into tomorrow as well.
Photo Credit
No comments:
Post a Comment