
I spoke to the past today
of a time from years gone by
as I took the road less traveled
I passed the city streets
and the playground with the swings
and the door I used to knock
It make me wonder where I'd be
had things panned out differently
had I'd been stronger
or weaker
I remembered the memories
the moments
and the mistakes
The laughter and the tears
and the parts that have gone hazy
after so many years
The excitement in our eyes
The love in our hearts
And dream of living in home of our own
It took me past the place we'd meet
and ran the rerun our of story in my mind
like a choose your own adventure
almost taunting
of the calm before the storm
but the adventure's been chosen
the battle fought and lost
leaving footprints and letters in the sand
bowed heads, and empty apologies
left love spilling from the cracks of a broken spirit
and a broken heart
but what was broken is now healed
by a tender touch and a loving heart
and a lot of patience
a spirit in itself
who outweighs the emptiness of the past
and redirects the wrong turns
with unending support
and so I bid ado to the past
and it's heartbreaking mistakes
leaving it standing on the porch with the door I used to knock
Photo Credit
of a time from years gone by
as I took the road less traveled
I passed the city streets
and the playground with the swings
and the door I used to knock
It make me wonder where I'd be
had things panned out differently
had I'd been stronger
or weaker
I remembered the memories
the moments
and the mistakes
The laughter and the tears
and the parts that have gone hazy
after so many years
The excitement in our eyes
The love in our hearts
And dream of living in home of our own
It took me past the place we'd meet
and ran the rerun our of story in my mind
like a choose your own adventure
almost taunting
of the calm before the storm
but the adventure's been chosen
the battle fought and lost
leaving footprints and letters in the sand
bowed heads, and empty apologies
left love spilling from the cracks of a broken spirit
and a broken heart
but what was broken is now healed
by a tender touch and a loving heart
and a lot of patience
a spirit in itself
who outweighs the emptiness of the past
and redirects the wrong turns
with unending support
and so I bid ado to the past
and it's heartbreaking mistakes
leaving it standing on the porch with the door I used to knock
Photo Credit
No comments:
Post a Comment