Saturday, November 13, 2010

On New Starts


Homeward bound
I wish I was Homeward bound
Home, where my thought's escaping

Home, where my music's playing
- Simon & Garfunkel

This weekend we are moving home! I am so excited to start nesting all over again, and I'm already embracing and owning my creative ideas for our new space.

With unexpected lift-twists, come good things if we choose to see them. This is one of those occasions. Now that we will be back in our own humble abode, I am looking forward to creating a cozy reading & writing nook, and am currently on the hunt for the king of all cozy chairs.

This time around, I'm letting go of my inhibitions of making it our own. Since purchasing our apartment, I've always been afraid of showing too much personality in it, for some strange reason.

Possibly because my design ideas do not commonly match those of HGTV or Martha Stewart. I tend to like things like this:


or this:


or this:


I guess it's just plain scary to decorate the way you really love it, because you know (and I definitely know) someone close to me will absolute hate what I've done to the place. This person quite possibly could be Mr. Extraordinary, whom I live with (which could cause some potential problems).

Needless today, I'm very excited about this newfound courage to express my inner emotions, and I've already purchased a few major pieces in anticipation!

[Edit - move definitely did not happen. Still waiting....]

Photo Credit

No comments: