It's like I'm addicted to that empowering feeling you get when you move on from something old, and you set yourself up to start over.
I love the cleansing feelings that accompany letting go, the mental version of throwing out the trash, the clarity and the decluttering that comes with it.
This year, I am learning to let go of my tendency to fix things and my desire to make all things right. And even though it may seem like such an obvious thing to learn - it has been an uphill battle for me for a number of years. It seems as thought each year things would get a little bit worse, and I would put a little bit more pressure on myself to perform, and rise to the ever growing expectations of others.
In 2010 I have let go of the expectations that other people have put on me.
I'm learning at the end of the day, I only have my life.
My Experiences.
My Outlook on Life.
And pushing myself through the fire to meet other people's expectations of me that have nothing to do with my own expectations shouldn't be at the top of my priority list.
1 comment:
Letting go of expectations is a pretty good one :)
Post a Comment