
A. I'll start off by mentioning that 2010 was one of those weird years for me. Those kind that seem boring and uneventful on the surface, but once you start getting right down to the nitty gritty you realize there was a lot going on - it was just all going on under the surface. Because of this, I'm cheating just a little bit and am using two words for 2010 rather than just one.
moving forward
No matter what kind of things life through our way this year, we somehow always managed to determine the next step (even if we couldn't see very far in front of us) and somehow eventually landed back on our feet. It's funny how life works sometimes - like you know when something big is going on, even when it doesn't really feel like it because all your doing is trying to focus on whatever's next.
I spend a lot of time this year focusing on moving forward. Which, I'll be the first to admit, can be both a good thing and a bad thing. It's one of those things that keeps you on your toes, keeps things new and fresh, and allows for creative growth beyond your wildest dreams. But it also keeps you from really experiencing the present.
Sometimes I even get so set on focusing on moving forward that I forget to make time for myself. On random Thursdays at 7:03pm to sit down and right about how my day went. Unfortunately on the bigger scale of things, setting aside 30-45 minutes a day (at least) becomes a non-priority when compared to serving your clients (or your kids!).
In light of my obsession with moving forward (again, both good and bad) my word for 2011 is
restoration
I'm hoping to restore more of the characteristics that I held in 2009. Restore the work/life balance I seemed to have prior-2010, as well as my outlook on life in general.
I'm wanting to restore friends, and relationships, happiness levels and creativity.
But mostly, I'm wanting to restore my ability to accept the world as it comes, without rushing or judging or analyzing. Just experiencing.
Shan
No comments:
Post a Comment